DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN MANAGEMENT (PH.D.)
(RESEARCH CENTRE OF AKTU)
A Ph.D. degree is a doctor of philosophy which can be obtained in many areas of study. Ph.D. in management is the highest academic degree awarded in the study of management science. The degree was designed for those seeking academic research and teaching careers as faculty or professors in the study of management at business schools worldwide.
- Articulate the evolution of the field of management and its relationship to human and societal development.
- Analyze various theories, concepts, and tools that seek to explain and provide the basis for management decision-making.
- Evaluate management and systems-thinking principles at the core of the design and evolution of organizational and social systems.
- Appraise the relevance of seminal, current, and emerging management theories and practices from an interdisciplinary and social-change perspective.
- Assess identified gaps in the current research literature in the field of management and in their chosen areas of specialization.
- Design efficacious and ethical research that addresses identified gaps in the body of knowledge in management and related sub-fields.
- Advance the body of knowledge through original research in the field of management and chosen areas of specialization via the application of a variety of appropriate methodology, design, and analysis methods.
- Communicate effectively to academic and general stakeholders the results of original research that advance the field of knowledge in management and chosen specializations and contribute to positive social change.