At Vidya it is our constant effort to transcend borders and push boundaries to pursue knowledge beyond the convention. Our progressive pedagogy makes the academic process an intellectually superior and enriching experience.
- Lecture-cum-discussion :- VSB provides a dynamic environment of interactive and participative learning in the class rooms. Students are encouraged to participate in class room discussions not only with faculty but amongst themselves also. Students are enriched with knowledge through lectures, assignments, live projects and individual researches done in various spheres of business world.
- Group Discussion :- At VSB, Group Discussion is being extensively used as one of the best tools to study the behavioural and attitudinal responses of the participants. At VSB, we focus at enhancing GD skills by including it as an academic activity for assessment. This helps students to perform well in business meetings and emerge as leaders. Corporate experts help students to brush up their GD skills to a level suitable for corporate discussions and business meets.
- Role Plays &Management Games :- One of the most effective training methods practiced at VSB is role play. Role playing allows a group of students to act out work scenarios. It opens communications, puts a student ‘ON-THE-SPOT and develops companionship among those participating in the role play situations.
- Case Studies :- The case study method serves a multiple purpose of learning i.e. — understanding a situation , developing analytical skills and finally decision making and resultant ability to work in a complex business environment . At VSB, the facilitators believe in carefully planned and crafted studies of real-life business cases. This part of pedagogy helps to build a multi-dimensional approach by having an exposure of managerial decision making and dealing with industrial nitty-gritty. Students are expected to interpret complex data and determine the best course of action to overcome on organizational issue.
- Live Projects :- At VSB students are exposed to various situational and functional live projects form the corporate world. These projects provide an invaluable opportunity for the students to be exposed to organizations with complex management issues. These projects are supervised and students are given sufficient support by faculty to apply their learning and learn from real life situations.Summer Internships with the Institutes Corporate Partners :- Six to eight weeks of summer training with reputed companies help students understand theoretical concepts learnt at the institute in a real life corporate context. Students work on live, time-bound projects and gain firsthand experience of the corporate culture and its requirements. Summer Internships stimulates professional action skills learning through the implementation of “real-world” tasks and exercises under guidance of corporate mentors and institute faculty.